My mom-inlaw is joining us today for about two weeks so I have been brainstorming what to do during this time because, let’s face it, staying in a small town for those two weeks could get very boring! So, I thought I might as well share what I’ve come up with for the holidays!
- Edmonton Ice Castle – This is only opening late December, so I don’t know if we will end up going but the videos of last year’s Ice castle look incredible! Tickets are not available yet but keep checking.
- Toruk – A Cirque du Soleil inspired by James Cameron’s Avatar will be showing at Rogers Place, 10220 104 Ave., from the 22nd to the 26th of December. Grab your tickets. I’ve already booked for Boxing Day! Other shows include: Ciara’s Dream on the 29th & 30th of December or the Singing Christmas tree between the 15th and 18th of December.
- Try out the new Crash Land Here Hotel’s Lobby – I’m a foodie, and always on the hunt for a new spot so I’ll add this to the list of things to do.
- Sleigh-ride – I feel like there is nothing more Christmassy than going on a sleigh-ride all bundled up in winter gear, with a hot chocolate or a coffee! We will be taking our sleigh-ride at Lake Louise, as we will be there this weekend! BUT don’t you worry, you can grab one at Candy Cane Lane or at Old Strathcona this weekend.
- And speaking of, Candy Cane Lane – Last year I was really disappointed, but I’m thinking we will go again because the latest instagram photos look awesome! Just another Edmonton Mommy has some great tips about how to plan your visit! Be sure to bring a food bank donations (like any of these) & also book a sleigh ride ahead here.
- Pop-up shops – I also love NEW shops so pop-up shops are os up my alley. You can buy local work from talented Canadians by visiting Vacancy Hall (10359 104 St.) located on the lower level of the Mercer Warehouse, for their Holiday Pop-Up Shop. Brands include Stille Nord, Tofino Tote, Stranger Design, Little Prairie Card Co., Galaxy Dish, Les Arts Plastiques, and more. The pop-up shop will be open until December 18 with extended hours to accommodate your shopping needs.
So that’s some of the planned activities over the next two weeks! I’ll be sure to update you about what we actually ended up doing!
Happy December activities guys! x